“I like to cook…. but I don’t have time”
Time is our biggest battle. I mentioned in my previous post, the key to living a balanced life is understanding and applying the concept of productivity. I am still figuring out how to capitalize on time… especially in the kitchen. It doesn’t matter how much you enjoy cooking, there are times where it can be daunting!
Check out a few healthy meals you can make in 20 minutes:
Breakfast of Champions
- Chop zucchini, mushrooms and spinach
- Add olive oil and garlic to the pan
- Add veggies: zucchini (until golden brown), then mushrooms and corn. Once cooked, place in a separate bowl.
- Prepare eggs in a frying pan. Add salt and pepper. Before flipping the egg, add spinach on top.
- Slice apples and add unsalted peanut butter in between slices.
- Optional: Add feta to the eggs or hummus to the veggies for extra protein.
Roasted Beets and Chick Pea Cous-Cous Salad
- Dice apple into small cubes and put aside in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano to the medley beans. Add diced tomatoes, green onions and corn to the salad.
- Once beets are complete, dice into squares and
throw it in a pan. Add diced apples, a bit of honey, and cinnamon to taste.
- Prepare Cous Cous. Add chickpea salad and roasted beets/apples on top.
Jerk Chicken Stir Fry
- Marinade: Prepare in a small bowl
o 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
o 1.5 tablespoons of Coolie Jerk seasoning mix
o Pinch of cinnamon
o 2 Finely chopped hot green chili (can use chili flakes instead)
o 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
o 1 teaspoon of salt
o 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Add marinade to Chicken. On low heat, drizzle some olive oil in a pan. Once oil is heated, add chicken pieces to pan. This process should take about 5 minutes. Turn heat to medium-high. Sear pieces until golden brown on both sides, then lower heat and slightly cover pan (leaving some room for air to escape).
- Cook for another 10 minutes. Prepare veggies while the chicken is cooking: mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and onions. Add vegetables into the same pan as that chicken. Fully cover the lid. Turn up the heat. Give it another 5 minutes and you are good to go!
Explore. Create. Eat.